Confirm or change your preferred country of delivery, language or currency. If you do this when logged in, your preferences will be remembered on your MZAccount. You can change them at any time by clicking the arrow at the top of the page.
Your location affects the final order price. It may vary depending on the amount of VAT rate applicable at your current location.
Ginkgo biloba - the oldest tree in the world with numerous healthy and medicinal properties; used in traditional Chinese medicine for over 5,000 years, also called the maidenhair tree. The most medically valuable parts are its leaves, which are used as material for extracts. The main biologically active substances in ginkgo leaves are flavonoids (isorhamnetin, kaempferol, quercetin, biflavons, oligomeric proanthocyanidins) and terpenoids (ginkgolides A, B, C, J, M and bilobalide)
Proanthocyanidins (condensed tannins) have an anti-inflammatory effect, inhibit the creation of free peroxyl radicals, protect blood vessels, reduce the level of glucose in the blood, fight viruses and bacteria, alleviate allergies, prevent cancer and proliferation. They constitute more or less 7% of standardised extracts.
Ginkgolides (diterpene lactones) exhibit a specific chemical structure, unknown among plants until recently. They reduce the activation and aggregation (clamping) of thrombocytes and improve blood pressure, they are antagonists of the platelet-activating factor (PAF) - a harmful factor which damages internal organs and generates disorders in the cardiovascular system. Additionally, ginkgolide B fights free radicals.
Bilobalide (sesquiterpene trilactone) is a unique compound which occurs only in ginkgo. In animal experiments it reduces the cytotoxic oedema (artificially induced), the volume of cortical necrosis and brain damage resulting from ischaemic stroke. It enhances the blood flow and improves the use of oxygen and glucose by cells in the central nervous system (CNS). Moreover, it is a monoamine oxidase (MAO-A and MAO-B) inhibitor, increasing the level of amino neurotransmitters. Research also showed bilobalide's anti-stress and anti-anxiety effect.
Flavonoids exhibit antioxidant properties through fighting free radicals, chelating prooxidant heavy metal ions, increasing the activity of superoxide dismutase (SOD) and the concentration of glutathione.
The properties of Ginkgo Biloba extract: (based on basic in vitro/in vivo and clinical studies)
The circulatory system:
- Strengthens the walls of arterial and venous blood vessels
- Impedes capillary permeability
- Extends narrowed blood vessels physiologically (PAF antagonism)
- Prevents vessel calcification
- Inhibits thrombocyte aggregation and reduces blood viscosity
- Improves the reological parameters of the blood
- Facilitates tissue and organ perfusion
- Increases the release of the endothelium-derived relaxing factor (EDRF) in endothelial cells
- Inhibits the creation of free radicals and reduces membrane lipid peroxidation
- Antagonises the oxidant stress induced by homocysteine and the activation of the nuclear factor (NF-κB).
- Reduces the dysfunctions of cardiac contractility caused by ischaemia
The nervous system:
- Protects cerebral tissue from hypoxia and ischaemia
- Improves peripheral and cerebral circulation
- Improves memory and cognitive functions
- Gives a mental boost, increases vitality
- Normalises neurotransmitter deficiencies, depending on age
- Has a positive effect on synaptic conversion
- Increases the concentration of dopamine, serotonin and noradrenaline
- Increases the integrity of the blood-brain barrier
- Inhibits the production of β-amyloid aggregators
- Reduces the activity of caspase-3 (prevents neuron apoptosis)
- Increases the number of 5-HT1A receptors in the cerebral cortex
- Reversibly inhibits monoamine oxidase (MAO A and B)
- Has a positive effect on the process of Alzheimer's disease treatment
- Improves brain functions and the feeling of well-being in healthy, 50-65 years old people
- Exhibits therapeutic properties in treating dementia
It should be taken into account that not all clinical studies have confirmed the above-described properties of Ginkgo biloba extract, and some of them even negate some specifications. Ginkgo's healthy and therapeutic properties are still controversial and contradictory so there have been no official recommendations concerning its strictly medical application.
To sum up, OLIMP Ginkoflav forte is a dietary supplement which can be used in order to improve memory and cognitive functions, as well as to strengthen the circulatory system and prevent its dysfunctions. Recommended for students, white-collar workers and elderly people as preventive healthcare.
If the supplement is to be used to improve the mental abilities of older people, it is recommended to use 1-2 capsules three times a day. In other cases, you can increase the dosage to 2-4 capsules. It works perfectly before the exam or mental effort. Supplement should be taken with a meal.
Olimp is a Polish company offering dietary supplements and supplements for athletes that are made of carefully selected and safe for health ingredients. Among the products of this brand are protein supplements, amino acid supplements, pre-workout supplements and creatine. The company also allows the purchase of supplements inducing a strong muscle pump by raising significantly the level of nitric oxide in the blood and supplements restoring acid-alkine balance. Also noteworthy are supplements helping to reduce body fat, regulating metabolism and improving of the hair, skin and nails.
200 characters left for the review to be rated.
|per 1 capsule||amount||%DV|
|Ginkgo Biloba Extract||80 mg||*|
|Ginkgo Flavoneglycosides (24%)||19.2 mg||*|
|Ginkgolides (terpene lactone) 6%||4.8 mg||*|
Microcrystalline cellulose - bulking agent, magnesium stearate - anti-caking agent, capsule (gelatin - capsule component), color: E 171
Ginkgo biloba (ginkgo biloba) - the world's only deciduous gymnosperm tree growing in Asia. A rich source of active ingredients (flavonoids and proanthocyanidins, terpenes) It affects the vascular system by extending the vessel while reducing bandwidth across cell membranes that protect red blood cells (RBC) against hemolysis, causes brain oxygenation, in the form of bilobalide protects myelin, causes the increased capacity of concentration and memory. In the sports supplementation used as component (in the form of extracts) of nutrients, improving circulation and processes of the wellness and health of the nervous system. Available as mono-preparation supplement and as a component of complex supplements.
Juices, supplements, tea, and even tinctures and preserves made of white mulberry are widely used in phytotherapy and in the kitchen. The most important of these...
Black elderberry has long been known in folk medicine as a plant with special properties. Fruit, flowers, bark – these raw materials are also currently used...
Chamomile is one of the most popular medicinal plants used in natural medicine. It grows widely throughout the country and is widely used in herbal medicine and...
More and more people are suffering from joint pain. This is, among others, the effect of loading the joints, too intensive and prolonged work. Long sitting,...
Inflammation within the oral mucosa is a very painful problem that makes basic actions eating and drinking very difficult. Then we are looking for a preparation...
It’s hard to say anything new about magnesium, due to how intensively its properties are exploited by the modern supplementation and pharmacological...