Hated in childhood. She is associated with pinching, burning and blistering on her skin. We still treat nettle as a nuisance weed. The undervalued plant contains a lot of medicinal and nutritional compounds. It is worth looking at it from a different angle and see the benefits that nettle offers us.
Ugly duckling in the plant world
It looks unobtrusive. In addition, it cannot be touched because it gives a burning feeling. Everyone avoids it from afar. It turns out that this disliked plant is a treasury of medicines. The leaves and root of nettle contain:
- iron, silicon, calcium, manganese, potassium, copper
- vitamins C, B and K and provitamin A (carotene)
- organic acids
- essential oils
- UDA superlectin (antiviral effect)
As you can see, the list is very long. A number of the listed medicinal substances contained in nettle show a wide range of effects.
Properties of nettles
- It effectively and intensively cleanses the body from toxins and additionally from excess uric acid, therefore it is used in the treatment of the urate bottom
- It has antibacterial and antiviral properties. In addition, it stimulates the immune system to increase the production of immune cells
- Cleanses the upper respiratory tract from phlegm
- Reduces blood sugar levels - excellent prevention of diabetes
- Cleanses the kidneys - prevents the formation of kidney sand and kidney stones
- Used in the treatment of prostate hypertrophy and inflammation of the urinary tract
- It supports metabolic processes
- Prevents the formation of gastric and duodenal ulcers
- The root extract has antifungal properties
- It provides a lot of iron, which counteracts anaemia, anaemia and poor blood clotting
- Improves the condition of skin, hair and nails
- uterine tumours
- haemorrhages caused by polyps
- pregnancy, feeding period
- should not be combined with anti-diabetic drugs, as nettle enhances their effects
Grind the nettle in a juicer or with a blender. After draining, drink 1-2 tablespoons to half a glass a day for a fortnight. You can improve its taste with honey and lemon juice. After the treatment take a break of 1-3 weeks. Do not use such a protocol for more than 2 times per 3 months.
Nettle juice is prepared from fresh stems and leaves. After thorough washing, pass it through a juicer. Internally, 2 tablespoons of the juice are used to strengthen, cleanse and immunize the body. In case of iron deficiency 2-3 tablespoons a day. To improve taste and pleasure of drinking you can dilute the juice (1 tablespoon per half a glass of warm water (not hot!) and add a spoon of honey.
Pour boiling water over fresh leaves and wait half of minute. (When pouring dry, brew the tea for 1-2 minutes.) The tea should have light yellow colour with a shade of green and an intense, bitter-tasting taste. Drink fasting 1 glass of tea each day. If you want to cleanse your body intensively, drink up to 3 cups a day for a while.
Do not be discouraged by the unpleasant taste. You can quickly get used to the bitterness of nettle.
No clothes make the man. As it turns out, plants also. An unwanted, not very aesthetic looking weed is a healing gift of nature. You won't pay anything for nettle, and you will alleviate many of the bothersome symptoms. We will be tempted to say that no plant cleans the body as effectively as nettle!